For the past few years, temporary tattoos have become all the buzz. The trend of getting a tattoo for a couple of days, without any true ‘tattoo’ commitment seemed to appeal to a great number of young adults. Temporary tattoos are cheaper and easy to remove, and of course, completely pain-free.
One particular temporary tattoo brand has emerged as the ultimate leader of the trend. Inkbox is the currently leading temporary tattoo provider that has established a solid following and audience across the globe. The accessibility and quality of their service have quickly put them on the map, and we’re here for it.
In the following paragraphs, we’ll share with you our thoughts on this brand. Our review will focus on the offer, the quality of the tattoos, and the very service. So, without further ado, let’s get reviewing!
Inkbox is a Toronto-based company that provides semi-permanent or temporary tattoos. Their tattoos are made using high-end tattoo creating technology as well as organic and non-animal-tested materials. Inkbox as a company was founded in 2015 and has quickly entered the world of alternative culture and subculture. The innovative approach to temporary tattoos has made Inkbox famous overnight, with praises and recommendations coming from everywhere; even Forbes, Vice, and MTV reviewed and recommended Inkbox.
Overall, what you can expect from Inkbox tattoos is the following;
- Inkbox temporary tattoo last between 1 and 2 weeks
- Inkbox temporary tattoos gradually fade as the skin exfoliates
- Inkbox tattoos are waterproof, so you’re good to go about your day
- Inkbox temporary tattoos look like a real deal
- Inkbox tattoos are vegan, skin-safe and cruelty-free
InkBox Insight and Review
How Does Inkbox Work?
When you go to the Inkbox website, you’re presented with the current temporary tattoos trend provided by the brand. You’re presented with designs that just dropped, as well as an insight into the best sellers and a number of Inkbox’s blog posts about the current trends and their tattoos.
Then, from the menu, you can choose to check out Inkbox’s offer. They have custom-created tattoos, tattoos created in collaboration with other tattooists, artists, and even famous YouTubers. There are also freehand ink options, tattoo designs on sale, and general descriptions of each offer.
So, let’s say you chose a design. All you have to do is select it, check the size, quantity option, and check the description to see if it meets your requirements. Then, simply add it to the cart, and pay. Depending on your location and the current COVID shipping regulations, you can expect your Inkbox tattoo anywhere between a few days, up to a few weeks (shipping is the fastest in the North American region).
If you decide to return your order, in case you don’t like it, you can expect free shipping for the US and Canada region, and 25% off shipping for all international orders and returns.
Afterpay is also available for all orders over $35.
Note: The only drawback of INKBOX is the price. It’s costly. If you want a cheaper alternative, you can consider JOTAPAS (only 1/4 the price of INKBOX). It’s SAFE & REALISTIC (Actually, If you go through the full list on Amazon, you’ll find only INKBOX and we used the plant-based materials).
It’s sold by us, we work with the factory directly, and we have no cost on advertising, so the price is very cheap. Trust me, and you won’t regret buying this.
How Do Inkbox Tattoos Work?
Inkbox tattoos are made for all skin types. The tattoos or the ink are made from Genipa American plant, which makes the tattoos vegan, organic, and cruelty-free. We’ll talk about the safety questions in detail later, but for now, we need to take a look at how the tattoos work, and how you’ll apply them.
First of all, we need to differentiate between two types of orders. You can order a tattoo from the Inkbox catalog, which means you’ll get a Catalog tattoo. Or, you can order the Freehand ink set. These two are applied differently.
If you’ve ordered a Catalog tattoo, you can expect to receive a set of gloves, alcohol wipes, instructions, a cloth bag, and the tattoo(s).
Here’s how you’ll apply the Catalog tattoo;
- The first step is to put on the gloves
- With the gloves on, you will take the tattoo sheet and peel off the white backing
- Place the tattoo sheet onto the desired area on your body; make sure the sticky side of the sheet is placed onto the skin
- Make sure to wipe the blue area with the alcohol wipe; the area should be damp enough for the tattoo to transfer onto the skin
- In the meantime, open the cloth bag (not entirely) and microwave it for 10 seconds or boil it in hot water for 5 minutes
- When done, use the cloth bag to press down onto the tattoo and hold between 10 and 15 minutes
- Then, peel of the tattoo sheet; peel it off in the downward direction, or in the direction your hair grows
- Let the area air dry for a few minutes, and then wash with soap and water; try to be gentle and do not scrub
- Tap dry the tattoo using a paper towel and moisturize the area
And that’s it! You just applied your Inkbox Catalogue tattoo. Al you have to do is keep moisturizing the area from time to time, and wait up to 36 hours for the tattoo to fully develop. If it doesn’t turn out as pigmented right away, it is because it needs time to develop. You can expect the tattoo to last up to 2 weeks if you don’t scrub it, pick it, scratch it and expose it to friction.
Note: some Inkbox tattoos feature a new application concept, where you simply place the tattoo sheet onto the skin, peel off the tattoo sheet borders, and press the tattoo firmly onto the skin. It should remain like that for 15 minutes, and then you simply remove the sheet. The tattoo will initially appear blue on the skin, but you need to let it develop for up to 36 hours.
If you order the Freehand Ink set, you will need to prepare the ink for the application, and then apply the ink into the skin.
Freehand Ink preparation includes;
- Unscrewing the lid of the ink bottle
- Placing the Freehand Tip on the bottle
- Shaking the bottle thoroughly
- Squeezing the bottle (gently) to release any ait trapped in the bottle
The application process is just as easy;
- It is essential you wash the designated ‘tattooing’ area thoroughly with soap and water
- You will also need to put on the tattoo gloves
- Then, take the ink bottle and squeeze it onto the skin into the desired design
- Once you’re done, you will need to let the ink dry up to an hour
- When the time is up, gently wash the tattoo with water and soap
- Tap dry the tattoo with a paper towel
And, that’s it! The Freehand Ink will also take u to 36 hours to fully develop. We recommend moisturizing the ‘tattooed area’ to ensure the tattoo lasts as long as possible. The Freehand Ink should also last up to 2 weeks if you take care of it properly.
Are Inkbox Tattoos Safe?
Inkbox tattoos are made from safe, organic ingredients, including plants. The tattoos, or the in used to make them, are free from toxic chemicals. The materials and ingredients used to make Inkbox tattoos are FDA approved. Inkbox tattoos have been tested for safety and are deemed safe for use for adults and children.
We do have to emphasize that the use of temporary and semi-permanent tattoos should be a matter of caution for those who have excessively sensitive skin or are having a skin condition. In such cases, we recommend you consult with a medical professional or a dermatologist for more information.
How Much Do Inkbox Tattoos Cost?
One of the main appeals of temporary and semi-permanent tattoos is the price. Comparing to regular tattoos, which can cost hundreds, even thousands of dollars, temporary tattoos are incredibly affordable. So, how much do Inkbox tattoos cost? Here’s a general insight into the pricing you can expect;
- Inkbox Catalog tattoos – between $12-$20
- 0.5oz Freehand Ink – $20
- 1oz Freehand Ink – $30
- Freehand Pro Kit – $49 on sale (usually priced at $55)
So, Are Inkbox Tattoos Good and Should You Buy Them?
InkBox Pros and Cons
Inkbox offers an array of different tattoo designs and other services, as we’ve seen. However, should you buy Inkbox products? Let’s take a look at some pros and cons;
- Inkbox offers more than 4000 different tattoo designs, all done and designed by tattooists and artists around the world
- If you don’t like the current offer, you can always contact Inkbox and provide a tattoo design on your own
- The temporary tattoos are semi-waterproof
- Inkbox tattoos last between 1 and 2 weeks, depending on how you take care of them
- The tattoos are vegan, organic, and cruelty-free
- Inkbox tattoos have a plant-based formula, which means they’re also skin-safe
- Inkbox company is supporting tattooists and artists all over the world by selling their designs; the company is also involved with Indigenous communities for support and sustainability of their ecosystem
- Inkbox offers the customers the ability to use henna or the Freehand Ink tattoos
- The Inkbox tattoos and tattoo kit ship globally
- Inkbox tattoos are perfect for those who are experimenting with body art or aren’t yet ready for a commitment to a real tattoo
- Freehand Ink tattoos take the experience to do and take a long time to complete and dry
- Inkbox tattoos are waterproof, but saltwater could impact their durability and promote fading
- Shipping and return may take longer for international orders
Inkbox Deals and Offers
Inkbox is known to offers tons of discounts and deals to their customers. These make the tattoos even more affordable, which is exceptional, especially for the company’s target audience. Here are some of the deals you can come across on the Inkbox website;
- There’s always tattoo sets and bundles on sale Inbox always offers $10 for first orders and new customers
- Inkbox always provides a student discount
- Inkbox works with famous YouTubers, so by using their codes you can get a discount on your first order
- Inkbox always offers discount and promo codes you can use to get up to a 25% discount
What do We Like About Inkbox?
Here are some of the reason we like Inbox and would recommend everyone to try out their tattoos;
- The fact that you can choose among thousands of different designs is exceptional
- We love the fact that Inkbox support small tattooists and artists around the globe by selling their designs and paying them (other brands only have in-house designs and artists)
- Inkbox offers you to create your own tattoo design, or use henna instead of ink for Freehand Ink tattoos
- Customers can use numerous discounts and deals to get their tattoos for an even more affordable price
- Inkbox tattoos and kits come in high-end packaging, so you know you’re using a high-quality product as well
We are well aware that not every Inkbox tattoo is perfect, or will look perfect on your skin. However, 90% of the tattoos the company offers will look exceptional, and you will get your money’s worth. The tattoos look pretty real, and they are waterproof. However, you can expect them to last different lengths; between 7 and 14 days. The tattoos fade away on their own and are easily removable if you need them gone right away.
Also Read: Inkbox Vs. Henna: What’s The Difference?
So, Should You Buy Inkbox Temporary Tattoos?
Yes! You most certainly should. These tattoos are incredibly fun. They are perfect for people who want to do something new but don’t want to go through the hassle of a real tattoo. The Inkbox tattoos will make you feel good and will bring some novelty into your life. They might even inspire you to change your style and aesthetics. During this awful pandemic, we all could use some fun, and with Inkbox you can experience that.
- Safe, non-toxic plant-based temporary tattoos made with 100% high-definition printing for a realistic look without the pain
- Easy to apply and remove - just stick for 20 seconds then take off
- Set includes 5 sheets with 17 fun, delicate designs like hearts, cats, smiles, suns, moons, and more
- Waterproof and long-lasting - stays on up to 2 weeks of wear
- Fashionable for women, men, girls and boys
- Place on arm, wrist, neck, leg, finger, waist, foot and more
- Great for parties, birthdays, and showing your unique style