When you want to get tattooed, it is always important to have your tattoo done by an experienced professional. However, getting an appointment at a high-end tattoo studio can take some time, and if you’re not familiar with the best studios, you can easily get tricked as well.
Therefore, the best thing for a person is to have multiple tattoo shops sin consideration, and an expert guide to provide all the necessary and relevant information. Luckily, you can find both in this very article.
So, if you reside in Toronto, or you’re visiting, and want to get a brand new, fresh ink, then you’re at the right place. In the following paragraphs, you’ll find the best, most visited tattoo shops in Toronto. These are the creme de la creme of the Toronto tattoo scene, so, let’s get into it before all the appointments are booked!
Best-Reviewed and Most-Visited Tattoo Parlors in Toronto
- Location: Downtown Toronto/Yonge & Gerard, and Midtown Toronto/ Yonge & Eglinton
- Website: https://www.chronicinktattoo.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chronicink/
- Services: Full Custom tattoos, walk-in tattoos, piercing, body jewelry, laser tattoo removal, microblading, micropigmentation
Chronic Ink is one of the most visited tattoo studios in Toronto. The studio was started in 2008 as a small operation, but later, after winning important awards and gaining recognition, Chronic Ink became the tattoo studio to be at.
From 2016 to 2018, the studio won 20 awards for best tattoos and tattoo designs, and since they started, they accumulated over 90 awards for tattoos and piercings. So, if you do decide to get inked at this studio, you know you’ll be in good hands among all the award-winning tattoo artists.
Chronik Ink offers an array of different, tattoo-related services. From custom tattoos and designs to piercings, or even scalp micropigmentation; they do it all. Clients all across the country swear on this tattoo studio; the tattoo artists are incredibly professional, thorough and make sure every client is educated in detail regarding their tattoo or a piercing. Everyone at Chronic Ink is super kind, helpful, open to discussion and recommendations for designs.
- Location: 401 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, On, M5T 2G6
- Website: https://goldenirontattoostudio.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/goldeniron_tattoos_toronto/?hl=en
- Services: Full custom tattoos, tattoo designs, piercing, and body jewelry
Another exceptional tattoo studio in Toronto is the Golden Iron tattoo studio. Now, this is Canada’s most awarded tattoo studio, with over 103 awards in its possession. This is also a studio that doesn’t just value awards, but also offers a safe, judgment-free space for every single person out there interested in tattoos.
Golden Iron guarantees safety and is regularly inspected by Toronto Public health. So, if you’re looking for a safe, highly professional, judgment-free tattoo studio, then Golden Iron is definitely worthy of checking out.
Golden Iron is famous for its versatility in styles, techniques, and types of tattoos they do. Also, these people are highly dedicated to their work; they always strive to make your tattoo a masterpiece, which is a dedication every tattoo artist should grow towards.
This tattoo studio also offers apprenticeship programs to candidates of all backgrounds, which is an excellent opportunity for future tattoo artists.
- Location: 573 King St. W., Toronto, On, M5V 1M1
- Website: https://blacklinestudios.ca/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/blacklinestudio/
- Services: Full Custom tattoos, tattoo cover-ups, body piercing, body jewelry, airbrushed tattoos, body art, acne scar removal
Black Line Studio isn’t a typical tattoo parlor. It is an innovative concept that provides an array of services, from tattooing and laser treatment to body piercing and acne removal treatment. It is an exclusive studio comprising a range of tattoo and beauty services to cater to a variety of clientele. Of course, tattooing is the studio’s primary service, which has made it one of the best tattoo studios in the city.
Another unique concept Black Line offers is the freedom to just walk in and get a tattoo (or any other service), without an appointment. The studio has recognized that scheduling appointments has become a luxury, so they offer anyone the opportunity to just come to the studio and get a tattoo.
The studio is in business for the past 12 years. In those years, they’ve served over 54,000 clients. The studio is a clean, safe, and judgment-free environment. The staff is super supportive, helpful, informative, and kind. Tattoo services are provided by the most talented and experienced tattoo artists, so you know you’re in good hands.
- Location: 1303 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON
- Website: https://www.inkandwatertattoo.ca/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/inkandwatertattoo/
- Services: Full custom tattoos and tattoo designs
Ink & Water is an exceptional contemporary tattoo studio. The studio focuses on providing contemporary, creative masterpieces to all its clients. The staff is driven by professionalism and excellence, so everyone is super nice and completely non-judgemental to the clients’ wishes.
Because the studio is a ‘custom studio’, all of the work is custom, meaning it is unique and created by the tattoo artists just for you. Together with the clients, the tattooists create unique, one-of-a-kind pieces to make your ink stand out wherever you go.
The tattoo artists working at Ink & Water are simply fabulous. Everyone is a high-end professional, with years of experience in the business. The staff is versatile, and so is everyone’s style and technique in tattooing. At the studio’s website, you can check and book whichever tattoo artist you wish.
- Location: 1071 Bathurst Street Toronto, ON M5R 3G8
- Website: https://www.tattoopeople.ca/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tattoopeopletoronto/
- Services: Full custom tattoo and tattoo design, numerous tattoo styles (Japanese, realism, blackwork, fineline, illustration, watercolor)
Tattoo People is one of the most visited tattoo studios in Toronto. The reason for this lies in exceptional service. Their tattoos are masterpieces, to say the least. The studio is safe, judgment-free, driven by pure professionalism, and the wish to fulfill every client’s requirements and wishes for a perfect tattoo.
Besides regular tattoo appointments, the studio is walk-in friendly. The staff is super friendly and kind; everyone, from the receptionist to the artist is helpful, informative, and considerate towards the client. Simply put, you’ll have an excellent and unique tattoo experience at the Tattoo People studio.
Tattoo People is also a great studio for those getting their first tattoo. The staff here is super focused on explaining every step, so you as a client feel comfortable and relaxed throughout the whole process.
Passage Tattoo Studio
- Location: 80 Geary Avenue, Toronto, ON M6H 2B5
- Website/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passagetattoo/?hl=en
- Services: Tattoos, custom tattoos, tattoo designs, cover-up tattoos
Established in 1994, Passage Tattoo studio is one of the best tattoo parlors from the old-school era. The studio is a highly professional environment, where tattoo artists have years of experience and specialize in color, black & grey tattoos, and portraits. The whole team of tattoo artists is incredibly talented, and clients generally have an excellent tattooing experience at the Passage Tattoo studio.
Passage Studio is a safe, judgment-free environment with an exceptional focus on cleanliness and professionalism. This studio gets the best ratings consistently for years now, not only because of the professional staff and clean studio but because their work is breathtaking. Tattoos done in Passage Studio will look fresh eve rafter several years. That’s how high-quality their services are.
The studio doesn’t offer walk-in tattooing options. This is an appointment-only studio, so keep that in mind if you were thinking of paying a visit to the Passage Studio.
Other Tattoo Studios In Toronto To Check Out
- Anbu Tattoo Studio: if you’re looking to get a custom, one-of-a-kind tattoo, then make sure to check out the Anbu Tattoo Studio at 941 Bloor St. W. Toronto. This studio comprises some of the most talented tattoo artists in the city.
The focus of the staff is professionalism, safety, health, and exceptional tattoos, of course. This is a judgment-free environment, where tattoo artists do everything they can to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Regardless of the tattoo design, these tattoo artists can handle even the most demanding wishes.
- SpeakEasy Tattoo Shop: Another exceptional tattoo shop in Toronto is the SpeakEasy tattoo studio, which can be found at 299 Harbord Street. This little gem is an exceptional tattoo shop; it offers high-end tattoo services, and the staff is super informative, helpful, and understanding of the client’s wishes and needs.
At this studio, you can expect to get a truly unique piece of ink art, but also a classic design if that’s more of what you desire. The staff is super informative and focused on explaining everything in detail; from the consultation to the actual tattoo process, you will be guided step by step. So, if you’re getting a tattoo for the first time, you’ll be in excellent hands.
- Imperial Tattoo Studio: Another interesting tattoo shop, with ‘no attitude’ (as the staff likes to describe the shop), is the Imperial Tattoo shop at the 1271 Dundas St. W. This is a tattoo studio that welcomes every single person; regardless of their body type and preferences.
For example, if you prefer vegan ink over regular ink, you can ask for it at the Imperial tattoo studio. The studio is also wheelchair accessible and accepting of everyone. The staff is super friendly and easy-going, but highly professional and safe when it comes to tattooing. And, when you think things can’t get any better, this tattoo shop also offers walk-in tattoos.
It can be really hard sometimes to find the perfect tattoo studio where you’ll get a truly great service, hassle-free. Hopefully, our selection of the best tattoo shop in Toronto (in our humble opinion) will be helpful in your hunt for the perfect tattoo studio and reliable tattoo artists. So, before you decide to go with a specific tattoo shop, always make sure to do the following;
- Check the tattoo shop’s website
- Check the portfolio of the tattoo shop and the individual tattoo artists working there
- Check what kind of services the studio provides
- Check for the hygiene standards in the studio (whether everything is clean, sterile, and disinfected)
- Check the COVID-19 rules for the studio
- Check out the online and public reviews of the studio, as well as the comments on the shop’s Instagram or Facebook page
- Check the scheduling rules for a tattoo appointment and whether the shop offers walk-in services
- Check out the best way to contact the studio; whether it is phone calls, emails, DMs, contact forms on the website, etc.
- Check whether the studio is a judgment-free, accepting, versatile environment; especially if you have specific needs and requirements (for example, if a studio is wheelchair friendly, etc.)
Each tattoo shop has its own dynamic. So before you book an appointment, it is important to do your homework and see whether the studio’s dynamic fit your preferences. Hopefully, we’ve brought the aforementioned studios a bit closer to you. For more information, make sure to contact the tattoo studios directly.
- Safe, non-toxic plant-based temporary tattoos made with 100% high-definition printing for a realistic look without the pain
- Easy to apply and remove - just stick for 20 seconds then take off
- Set includes 5 sheets with 17 fun, delicate designs like hearts, cats, smiles, suns, moons, and more
- Waterproof and long-lasting - stays on up to 2 weeks of wear
- Fashionable for women, men, girls and boys
- Place on arm, wrist, neck, leg, finger, waist, foot and more
- Great for parties, birthdays, and showing your unique style