Miami is a city of extravagance, parties, breathtaking sunsets, and, of course, tattoos. Even though it may not be the first thing to pop into your mind when you think of Miami, but here, the tattooing culture and community are ever-expanding and surely world-class. For decades, tattoos have been the main medium people in Miami used to express themselves, long before the city became overflown with galleries, exhibitions, and street art.
The Miami tattoo scene is bustling, even nowadays when the pandemic has made it much more difficult and restrictive to get tattooed. But, the tattoo artist of the city works harder than ever before to provide the best and safest service to their clients.
So, if you’re stopping in Miami, or you live in the area, and you want to get tattooed, look no further. We’ve done some research and made a list of the must-visit tattoo parlors in Miami. So, without further ado, let’s check them out together!
How We Selected The Best Tattoo Shops? – Our favorite and overall best tattoo shops were selected based on the following criteria;
- Qualifications and experience – award-winning tattoo studios, studios with licensing, and accreditations to prove education, experience, safety, and health-protective measures, as well as other qualifications.
- Reputation – most-visited tattoo studios in Miami, with exceptional public and online presence; ratings and comments proving excellent customer service and experience.
- Professionalism – tattoo studios providing a reliable service, judgment-free environment, accepting of everybody (different body types, wheelchairs, etc.).
- Responsiveness and availability – tattoo studios with the best approach to the customers; responsive, approachable, and available staff.
- Service variety – tattoo studios with different service options, from custom tattoos, cover-ups, and touch-ups, to permanent makeup, piercing, and body art or body jewelry options.
Our Top Picks For Best Tattoo Studios in Miami, FL
Inkaholik Tattoos and Piercing
- Location – 8367 Southwest 40th Street Miami, FL 33155
- Website – https://www.inkaholik.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/inkaholiktattoos/
- Services – Full custom tattoos, custom designs, cover-ups, touch-ups, body art, variety of tattoo styles, body piercings
Inkaholik is easily one of the best tattoo shops in the Miami area (or even in the state area). The tattoo artists here are incredible; they have years of experience in the industry and are incredibly talented and skilled in what they do. If you want to get a masterpiece tattoo, Inkaholik is where you come to get the best service.
Of course, Inkaholic is an award-winning tattoo studio, and it was voted the best studio for piercings in Miami. Speaking of the piercings, we do have to mention that Inkaholik uses state-certified equipment assesses by a third-party laboratory. This is done to ensure everything is clean, sterilized, high-quality, and safe for the clients.
And sure enough, there is no room for discrimination at the Inkaholik studio. Everyone is welcome to get tattooed or pierced here. The staff is super professional and respectful towards clients, ensuring every session is comfortable and relaxed. For more information and consultations, Inkaholik welcomes text messages as the best way to contact them.
Circus Tattoo Studio
- Location – 1323 Washington Avenue Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Website – https://www.circustattoomiami.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/jenny_tat2/
- Services – Full custom tattoos, custom designs, body art, cover-ups, and touch-ups, piercings
The Circus Tattoo studio has been in the business for the past 2 decades. It is one of the best and most reliable tattoo studios in the Miami area. The in-house tattoo artists are highly skilled and talented, very professional but also friendly. Everyone is super focused on providing the best and safest tattoo experience, as well as the most comfortable tattooing session.
This tattoo studio has an A+ reputation, and for a reason. At this studio the adherence to the government regulations is strict. Everything is regularly cleaned and sterilized, from the equipment to the furniture. You can expect a safe and professional service to its fullest.
Overall, this studio is extremely friendly and welcoming of everyone; there is no room for discrimination at the Circus. Make sure to check this studio out because the tattoo artists here will make your tattoo come to life.
Grove Ink Tattoo Studio
- Location – 3066 Grand Avenue Miami, FL 33133
- Website – http://groveink.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/groveink/
- Services – Full custom tattoos, custom designs, cover-ups, touch-ups, variety of tattoo styles
The Grove Ink tattoo studio is a place where you can get any kind of tattoo you want. The in-house tattoo artists specialize in a variety of tattoo styles, from traditional and neotraditional, to artistic watercolor or intricate geometric tattoos. They’re also incredibly talented and skilled; every tattoo is a masterpiece.
The staff at the studio is super friendly and highly professional as well. Everyone is welcoming and informative, providing guidance throughout the whole tattooing process. You will always feel comfortable and at home at the Grove Ink studio.
Moreover, the studio welcomes everyone; regardless of your body shape or size, ethnicity, race, or gender, everyone is welcome to get a tattoo at the Grove Ink. Clients can also contact the studio’s tattoo artists directly to get more info regarding custom designs, session schedules, prices, etc.
Miami Tattoo Co.
- Location – 1218 Washington Avenue Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Website – https://miamitattooco.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/miamitattooco/
- Services – Full custom tattoos, custom designs, various tattoo styles, cover-ups, touch-ups, body piercing
For the last decade, the Miami Tattoo Co. has provided exceptional tattoo and piercing services to hundreds of clients. At this studio, you can get an incredible custom tattoo from the finest tattoo artists in the city and the state.
The in-house tattoo artists are super talented and skilled in executing the most breathtaking pieces. The artists use the latest tattoo technology and make sure to stay innovative, even in the most testing times, like the pandemic.
The focus of Miami Tattoo Co. is to provide a unique experience, alongside being comfortable, pleasant, friendly, and safe above all. Every client is treated as a special individual who gets all the attention. Also, everybody is welcome here; regardless of body shape, size, ethnicity, gender. There is no room for discrimination and judgment here. For more information or consultation scheduling, make sure to call the studio directly.
Oriana Tattoo & Body Piercing Studio
- Location – 219 71st Street Miami Beach, FL 33141
- Website – https://www.orianatattoo.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/orianatattoo/
- Services – Full custom tattoos, custom designs, body art, various tattoo styles, touch-ups, cover-ups, body piercing
Oriana is one of the most wholesome tattoos and piercing studios in Miami. This studio offers a variety of different services but at some of the most affordable prices in the city. The clients are absolutely thrilled by this, especially because the quality of the work is outstanding.
The in-house tattoo artists are exceptionally talented, educated, and skilled in what they do, and every one of them specializes in a different tattoo style. So, here, you can get any kind of tattoo that you want. The studio is also super focused on cleanliness and providing the most professional, comfortable, and safe services.
At Oriana, you can also get tattooed by some of the guest tattoo artists, who come to Miami from all over the country. The studio also acts as a training facility for aspiring professional tattooists, which is also super cool. To book an appointment or schedule a consultation, make sure to call the studio directly.
Other Miami Tattoo Studios To Check Out
Here’s a quick rundown of our other top recommended tattoo studios in Miami you should also check out if the aforementioned studios do not fit your personal preferences;
If you want to get an intricate, complex tattoo with the most unique design out there, then you must check out the Rosa Negra Tattoo studio. Here, you can get any kind of tattoo style, a customized design, and exceptional service overall. From colored, black & grey, to geometric, hyperrealistic, and watercolor tattoos; the in-house tattoo artists specialize in every tattoo style. The studio was established by two brothers, professional tattoo artists themselves, who have Rosa Negra feel and look like a homely, cozy art gallery.
Voted #1 tattoo shop in Miami, the Salvation Tattoo Longue is surely one of the best places to get tattooed in the Miami area. The in-house tattoo artists are incredibly talented, experienced, and skilled. They specialize in all sorts of tattoo styles; from watercolor and black & grey to portraiture and lettering.
At this studio, you can also get a body piercing service, cosmetic makeup, a cover-up tattoo, or even get your tattoo removed. The Salvation tattoo lounge is a comprehensive place and a one-stop-shop for everything tattoo and piercing.
This is a private tattoo studio established by Loco Dharma in 2006. With more than a decade in the tattoo industry, Dharma specializes in custom tattoo designs of multiple tattoo styles. The studio’s in-house tattoo artists as equally as talented and experienced as Dharma.
They specialize in a variety of different tattoo styles, as well as in small or large-scale pieces. The staff at the studio is super friendly and professional; they offer exceptional services and make you feel at home throughout the whole process.
Another exceptional tattoo studio in Miami is the Sunset Tattoo parlor. Here, you can get tattooed by exceptional artists, who specialize in various tattoo styles; from traditional and neo-traditional, to Americana and cartoon-style tattoos. Unlike other tattoo studios, the Sunset Tattoo Parlour welcomes walk-ins and single-day sessions, which is great if you want to get a quick tattoo.
- 16 Top-Rated Tattoo Shops In Atlanta: Ratings, Services, and Experience
- Best Tattoo Shops In NYC: Enjoy The Best Body Art In The Restless City
- 12 Best Tattoo Shops In Chicago (2023 Updated)
- Best Tattoo Shops in Philadelphia: Where To Get Inked In Philly?
- 30 Best Tattoo Artists You Should Follow In 2021
- Safe, non-toxic plant-based temporary tattoos made with 100% high-definition printing for a realistic look without the pain
- Easy to apply and remove - just stick for 20 seconds then take off
- Set includes 5 sheets with 17 fun, delicate designs like hearts, cats, smiles, suns, moons, and more
- Waterproof and long-lasting - stays on up to 2 weeks of wear
- Fashionable for women, men, girls and boys
- Place on arm, wrist, neck, leg, finger, waist, foot and more
- Great for parties, birthdays, and showing your unique style